Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sonali does Last Day in Peru

There were still a few things left to do before I left Peru.

Peruvian Cooking Class: This was a fun and rewarding experience. My sis and I learnt so much about the local produce and how they are used in peruvian dishes. Our instructor took us to the San Pedro Market, a huge local market that sells everything from cheese, potatoes, chocolate, maca to dried llamas, llama snouts & hooves & intestines! We did our shopping here to source ingredients for our lunch menu: Stuffed Rocotos Peppers, Creme de Quinoa, Arroz Con Leche and of course Pisco Sour. Rocotos are the third spiciest peppers after Ghost and Habanero. We had to boil them thrice to reduce the heat!Arroz Con leche or "Rice with Milk" is not complete without 4 spoons of Pisco.  We started with quinoa grains and actually ground it down to a powder with this "ammi kal" contraption to form the base of the soup. In my enthusiasm to excel, I doubled the quantity of pisco in my drink and so ended up with two servings of Pisco. Can't complain! Here's a link to their website:  http://www.peruviancookingclasses.pe/#_=_

Mailing postcards to the US: I'm not saying who I mailed it to, but you'll know soon enough!

Shopping: Peruvian sweaters made out of 100% baby alpaca wool es muy caro, something like $150. But I did buy random ponchos, chocolate and other trinkets because, why not!


ammi kal

stuffing those rocotos real good

pisco sour!

creme de quinoa

arroz con leche

rocotos peppers stuffed with carrots, peas, minced beef

1 comment: